Where does the summer go? Committed to fun and adventure, every day has been fresh and full of exploration. Outings to the beach to provide ample opportunity to develop confidence in the water and to the park to provide for vigorous movement. Playdates at storytime and visits to Southwicks Zoo, the EcoTarium, Sweet William Farm, Purgatory Chasm, music festivals, Horeseneck Beach, and much more. Careful not to be too busy, we've also spent quality time in our pyjamas until late in the day while hanging out at home and reading books, learning how to make bread, taking care of our pets, and going deep into our imaginations to be startled at where the time had gone. What a blessing!
Now in North Carolina visiting my parents, Daniel is enjoying multi-generational activities and the complete attention of his grandparents. There are perks to being the only grandchild!
I'm taking this time to rest and renew before taking on the role of preschool home educator officially in September. It is exhilarating and intimidating, but I won't be alone. I'm looking forward to organizing a “family education coop” with some other local parents who have young children. Hopes do run high for me as I anticipate our first meeting in a little over a week. Daniel is enrolled in Music Together classes and youth soccer as well. I have also asked the director of religious education at my local church for recommendations for introducing spiritual concepts to Daniel in a healthy way and she has provided an abundance of resources for me to review. One of the many reasons I love being part of the Unitarian Universalist church is their approach to giving children maximum room to create their own understanding of spirit and the mystery. I look forward to taking 2 weeks upon returning home to develop our eclectic curriculum from the abundant materials that have been recommended to me . I hope that will take us through our first few months of this family learning adventure!
The First Few Days of Bottle-feeding Your Baby
7 years ago



Glad to see you diving in, Joonu.
ReplyDeleteYou may want to join some area homeschooling yahoo groups that have message boards for local activites and info.
Metrowest Homeschoolers - mwhsers@yahoogroups.com -
LEAF(Learning Enrichment Active Fellowship)Network - leaf-network@yahoogroups.com -
Let me know when you are back!
Marcia