Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Outdoor Wonder and Freedom

I'm present to how important being outdoors is for Daniel. I make is a priority to be outside for at least 2 hours a day with him when the weather cooperates. While he likes to go to the park and play on the swings and slides, he really enjoys walks in the woods near our home. He delights in pretending to chop down trees, listening to the birds and insects, spying critters, and making up elaborate scenarios involving superheros and witches to share with me. He truly experiences himself in the physical and I witness a new level of confidence emerge as expressed in his stride and posture. With the constraints of being indoors lifted, he expands in spirit, his curiosity unfolds, and our enjoyment of life and each other comes to the center of our experience. There is such a soothing freedom for him in being outdoors in nature. Unlimited potential for inspiration and wondering about the great mystery of life feeds him for hours after we return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails