How quickly things can change.
This spring I was working 60 to 70 hours a week in a job as a financial advisor. I was striving to grow my business practice. Two or three days a week, I would leave the house before my 3-year-old son woke and arrived home after he was in bed. My marriage was strained. My husband was also working full time, as well as pursuing a masters degree program on nights and weekends. My son was developing disruptive behavioral patterns that one could easily attribute to being a toddler – tantrums, anger, and hitting. However, he also started throwing up daily when dropped off at daycare. Absent any medical reason, it was troubling. The house was a perpetual disaster. On the weekends I was exhausted. I was usually working and had little energy for taking care of myself or engaging with my family.
Read the rest at Heart of the Matter Online...



I enjoyed reading about your decision to homeschool. I am also trying to decide if homeschooling is the best option for our family. It's also great to find someone who's homeschooling a 3 year old as I have a 2 year old. My son also loves being in the woods and playing with sticks, acorns, rocks and any other treasures he finds.
ReplyDeleteI also noticed you live in MA. I do as well in W. Mass.
I look forward to following your jouney and learning from you.
Thanks.
Amy
What a wonderful article! Love hearing your journey to homeschooling and the important things! Thanks for the comment on my blog as well! Nice to "meet" you and I look forward to hearing more about your journey! :)
ReplyDelete