Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook blog 11/29/2009

NOVEMBER 29, 2009


Here is the picture for thought I'm sharing... (picture taken by 3-year-old D!)

Outside my window... the sun is rising, creating a pastel pallet across the sky.
I am thinking... I had a wonderful night's sleep and feel completely refreshed for today.
I am thankful for... my husband feeling much better this morning, for the beginning of Advent, and for a day together as a family.
From the learning rooms... toys piled high from D's attempt to delay bedtime.
From the kitchen... coffee brewing, banana bread in the toaster, and soon breakfast of ham and eggs will be prepared on the stove..
I am wearing... sweatpants, MSU sweatshirt (Go Green!) and my fuzzy house socks.
I am creating... a day of fun and relaxation for the family.
I am going... to church this morning for the first Sunday of Advent and bread communion.
I am reading... the latest UU World magazine. The cover story is "The Religious Left; an Old Tradition for a New Day."
I am hoping... for the hosue at the corner of Hill Street and Sutton Road to turn on their magnificent Christmas display soon!
I am hearing... the bathroom fan, D typing on his laptop, the coffee maker, and the refrigerator humming..
One of my favorite things... anticipating the day ahead full of unlimited possibilities for expressing love and joy.
A few plans for the rest of the week... heading over to the Worcester Art Museum after church with the family thanks to a fre family pass from the library.

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook

Nothing worth doing is completed in our lifetime; therefore we are saved by hope.

Nothing true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history; therefore, we are saved by faith.
Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone; therefore, we are saved by love.
No virtuous act is quite as virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as from our own; therefore, we are saved by the final form of love which is forgiveness.

-Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails