Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook Blog 11/26/09

FOR TODAY

NOVEMBER 26, 2009

Here is the picture for thought I'm sharing...

Outside my window... fog embraces the bare trees and moves in waves over the pond.
I am thinking... about how thankful I am for today and the smell of the damp cool earth.
I am thankful for... a day of friends and wonderful food, for all our blessings
From the learning rooms... yesterdays toys strewn over the table and couch, which didn't get picked up after the cooking marathon yesterday, waiting for D's morning arrival.
From the kitchen... wonderful smells of blueberry muffins and mashed potatoes and a big stack of dishes my husband stayed up late to wash.
I am wearing... my pjs and enjoying a relaxed morning.
I am creating... plans for a fun day with everyone and a Thanksgiving Gratitude Tree.
I am going... to a friends home for our Thanksgiving feast today!
I am reading... Nehemiah 9
I am hoping... for a day of grace, laughter, and fellowship.
I am hearing... Miles Davis, "Birth of the Cool". It has been WAY too long since I've been able to listen to this masterpiece.
Around the house... things are cluttered as usual, but this morning the nomalcy is comforting. It is, after all, all my blessed clutter! Tomorrow will bring with it some focused tidying and organizing and releasing what is not needed for the benefit of others, but for today it is all wonderful abundance.
One of my favorite things... a hot cup of coffee and a fresh-from-the-oven muffin with lots of butter on morning when there is nowhere to be for hours and a good book.
A few plans for the rest of the week... teaching sunrise yoga tomorrow morning to relieve the stress of all the Black Friday shoppers!

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook

Lord, before we come to ask Your blessing
On this special day we call Thanksgiving,
We would bow to You, our sins confessing,
Then we’ll lift our praise in grateful living. —Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails