Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook blog 12/10/2009

December 10, 2009




Photo for thought...

Outside my window...  it is evening.
I am thinking... that I really don't want to do the dishes waiting for me in the sink.

I am thankful for... abundance.
From the learning rooms... is aglow with the light of the Christmas tree.
From the kitchen... dishes from dinner.
I am wearing... yoga attire.
I am creating... an intentional life.
I am going... up to my son's room in a few minutes to read him stories and ease him into sleep.
I am reading... Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv.
I am hoping... I don't fall asleep with my son tonight so that I can work on a few blogs I've had in mind this week.
I am hearing... the hum of the refrigerator and my son's bathtime status reports being called down from upstairs.
One of my favorite things... hot chocolate on winter nights.
A few plans for the rest of the week... family movie night.

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook

Our children no longer learn how to read 
the great Book of Nature 
from their own direct experience or hot to interact creatively 
 with the seasonal transformations of the planet. 
They seldom learn where their water comes from or where it goes. 
We no longer coordinate our human celebration with 
the great liturgy of the heavens.
- Wendell Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails