Outside my window... I think it is going to be another gray day... no sun yet.
I am thinking.. of the day before me, of all the emails and housework I need to get caught up on, of starting a new FIAR book with D, of getting hubby up so he can go to the gym... my mind is racing... .
I am thankful for ... my dishwasher (it will take a long time for me to stop being actively thankful for its restoration) and for a chance to let my back rest last night - it feels much better this morning. I am thankful I did not get selected for jury duty yesterday and that the Subaru DID NOT need new struts as we were told, but rather some simple repairs to resolve the steering issues! Made the difference between about $2500 in repairs and $1400.
From the learning rooms... quiet.
From the kitchen... a sink full of pots and pans and a floor that needs to be washed.
I am creating... opportunities for people I care about to shine!
I am going...to assemble my article for the church newsletter and my proposal for a new yoga class series for preschool kids with special needs - all this morning!
I am reading... just finished A Day of Rest by Martha Whitmore Hickman and am resuming Last Child in the Woods.
I am hoping... I can begin to incorporate more points of mindfulness into my day to keep me present with the amazing gift this life is! Otherwise I tend to rush through the day, gliding from one task to another with little space in between.
I am hearing...the ticking clock.
One of my favorite things...the quiet early morning as a time of solitude, reflection, and an opportunity to get my mind aligned with my highest aspirations and ideals, aligned with the work God is doing through me.
A few plans for the rest of the week...teach yoga this evening, attend a coaching training program tomorrow night.
Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook
"God and the imagination are one." - Wallace Stevens
"I believe that God is in me as the sun is in the color and fragrance of a flower - the Light in my darkness, the voice in my silence." - Helen Keller



No comments:
Post a Comment