Monday, January 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook blog - January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010



Photo for thought...


Outside my window... the sun is rising, the sky is  slowly warming to soft pastels of blue and pink and yellow across the pond.
I am thinking... that it feels reassuring to be back into the normal routine of life, gearing up to work smarter and to be more supportive of my loved ones by creating a better structure for myself during the day and week.

I am thankful for... for the past two weeks of wonderful holiday gatherings, for the time with my husband, for the reconnection and enrichment of our family.
From the learning rooms... order - we reorganized the room and the toys after Christmas - now on to creating the 3rd floor office and play area!
From the kitchen... the oven is heating for the quiche and roasted potato breakfast, coffee aroma, and the hum of the refrigerator.
I am wearing... my pjs.
I am creating... a relaxed pace for the day and time for blogging.
I am going... to the chiropractor's this morning.
I am reading... 3 books at once - per usual.
I am hoping... to leave an impactful legacy of the Spirit of Jesus when it is my time to leave the earthly tent. So sad that Ken Waugh has left us, but knowing that he is with the Creator is life affirming. If only I will be so blessed to leave a loving legacy in the Spirit of Jesus as Ken did, inspiring us all to care for one another better and to be present to one another We love you Ken and miss you!
I am hearing... nothing stirring upstairs - which means I'd better wake the guys up!
One of my favorite things... having leisurely time to reconnect with dear friends.
A few plans for the rest of the week... teaching yoga, churning out large numbers of emails to get caught up from vacation.

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook

Our Heavenly Dwelling
Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
The Ministry of Reconciliation
Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.
 - 2 Corinthians 5:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails