Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook blog - January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010




Photo for thought...


Outside my window... a very gray day.
I am thinking.. that I am feeling very relaxed!
I am thankful for... the blessing of being at home with my son. he is so awesome!
From the learning rooms... my son is watching Muzzy - in German - by request. Pretty cool!
From the kitchen... getting ready to prepare lunch - grilled cheese and tomato soup.
I am wearing...  cords and a cotton tshirt - it is only a funtion of maternity clothing that I am voluntarily wearing pink and purple together. Oh, to have a "real" wardrobe again!.
I am creating... a winter-themed craft for the afternoon and the homeschool co-op schedule for the next few months.
I am going... to introduce about 50 people to yoga this evening - very exciting!
I am reading... the book list for the Five In a Row literature-based curriculum and price shopping for the books on-line. Placing our order today!
I am hoping...to have our bedrooms organized before the new baby arrives - we will need lots of time and storage boxes!
I am hearing...a blend of WBUR and German...
One of my favorite things... comfy house socks.
A few plans for the rest of the week...calls for the CDO training and the new Prosperity Circle I will be leading.

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook


Jean-Dominique Bauby’s memoir, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, describes his life after a massive stroke left him with a condition called “Locked-In Syndrome.” Although he was almost completely paralyzed, Bauby was able to write his book by blinking his left eyelid. An aide would recite a coded alphabet, until Bauby blinked to choose the letter of a word he was dictating. The book required about 200,000 blinks to write. Bauby used the only physical ability left him to communicate with others. - Dennis Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails