Outside my window... the sun has risen - so excited that the days are getting longer.
I am thinking.. of writing a letter of encouragement to my sister-in-law, a woman I work with, and of the 3 yoga classes I'll teach today. I really need to ge my music organaized for that.
I am thankful for... a great week. I am proud that with strength from Him through daily prayer and faith I was able to, for the most part, conform myself to my new schedule and saw great strides in working "smarter" as a result. Attitude counts for a lot when you just don't "feel" like doing something.
From the learning rooms... stillness - and I am thankful that my husband cleaned last night after I went to be early.
From the kitchen... dinner dishes that need to be washed.
I am wearing... the fleece jacket that Paul gave to me.
I am creating... an afternoon for Preparation.
I am going... to have a wonderful day.
I am reading... Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hahn.
I am hoping... for endurance to get through all 3 yoga classes today. I think I'll have to start using student s to demo some poses as my belly is preventing me from getting into some at this poing with proper alignment.
I am hearing...the hum of the refrigerator, the ticking of the clock, the tapping of the keys, the songs of birds outside.
One of my favorite things... the warming effect of hot chocolate when coming in from winter outdoor activities like sledding or skiing. It's something about the combination of the cold cheeks, physical exertion, moist head and body from sweat, the sweetness of the drink, and being able to feel warming all the way down into the belly.
A few plans for the rest of the week...teaching Sunday School tomorrow and going sledding with the family.
Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook
8By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
11By faith Abraham, even though he was past age—and Sarah herself was barren—was enabled to become a father because he[a]considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.
- Hebrews 11: 8-12



No comments:
Post a Comment