Friday, January 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook blog - January 29, 2010

January 29, 2010


Photo for thought... 

Outside my window... bright sunny winter day - in New England translates to cold, cold cold!!!. 
I am thinking.. of the blogs that I will review today, anticipation of the Dream Factory Community Teleconference which I just launched, the day's activities... .
I am thankful for ... my dishwasher (still in awe) for the opportunity to impact people in my life positively, that my proposal was accepted to teach yoga at a local preschool and that the assisted living facility that I teach at added one more class a week for the seniors!.
From the learning rooms... hubby is uploading photos from my camera for me (yes - finally new battery) and D is watching Sesame Street under a thick blanket.
From the kitchen... order!
I am creating... an inspiring teleconference, a seamless hosting of the families from the Interfaith Hospitality Network at our church, !
I am going... to the chiropractor's this morning and to Walmart this afternoon!
I am reading... just purchased Hearing from God Each Morning by Joyce Meyer. 
I am hoping... for a relaxed pace today, that all the volunteer spots will be filled for IHN this weekend, and that all the families will be hosted well during their stay with us.
I am hearing...my son calling for breakfast.
One of my favorite things...the quiet early morning as a time of solitude, reflection, and an opportunity to get my mind aligned with my highest aspirations and ideals, aligned with the work God is doing through me.
A few plans for the rest of the week...update blogs, Dream Factory Community newsletter, teach yoga, join the IHN families for fellowship on Sunday.

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Buddha was a human being who was awakened and, thereby, no longer bound by the many afflictions of life. But when some Buddhists say that they believe in the Buddha, they are experiencing their faith in the wonderful, universal Buddhas, not in the teaching or the life of the historical Buddha. They believe in the Buddha's magnificence and feel that is enough. But the examples of the actual lives of the Buddha and of Jesus are most important, because as human beings, they lived in ways that we can live, too.  - Thich Nhat Hahn
22 To the weak I became the weak, that I might win the weak, I have become all thigns to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 
23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
 - 1 Corinthians 9:22 - 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails