Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year - A New Decade - 2010 is here!

I'm back after taking time off for medical emergencies and the holidays. I'm fueled, inspired and ready for 2010!

I'm re-reading the book, Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hahn. I credit this book with igniting my formal spiritual practices of meditation and prayer. It is a beautiful book and I highly recommend it.

When you have mindfulness, you have love and understanding, you see more deeply, and you can heal the wounds in your own mind. The Buddha was called the King of Healers. In the Bible, when someone touches Christ, he or she is healed. It is not just touching a cloth that brings about a miracle. When you touch deep understanding and love, you are healed.
The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus like a dove, penetrated Him deeply, and He revealed the manifestation of the Holy Spirit. Jesus healed whatever He touched. With the Holy Spirit in Him, His power as a healer transformed many people. All schools of Christianity agree on this. I told the priest that I felt that all of us also have the seed of the Holy spirit in us, the capacity of healing, transforming, and loving. When we touch that seed, we are able to touch God the Father and God the Son.

Hmm... a warm humm in my heart as I read and reflect on these words. What will I do as a regular practice in 2010 to endure that I am mindful, present, and in touch with the seed of the Holy Spirit within me to heal my own mind, my family, and my community? What can I do to remind my loved ones of the seed within them? How can I promote a culture of mindfulness in my home to have our home be one of healing for all who enter?

Best Wishes for YOUR New Year and let's make is a wonderful one together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails